I sat down with my friend Patrick Morrissey this week to discuss the business intelligence market, Big Data and all things cloud. Pat runs marketing for a hot new company called Tidemark. This was a follow up to a discussion published on the Sandhill.com site: Enterprise Performance Management in the Cloud on an iPad.
Here are the questions he asked. You can read my answers here: Five for Friday – Darren Cunningham of Informatica Cloud.
- Analytics and business intelligence are top of mind for organizations today and Gartner says that BI is the #1 CIO priority in 2012. Why is this such a hot button issue?
- If analytics are so critical to business success, why do so many projects fail?
- There is a lot of talk about “Big Data” in the press, blogs and industry events. How do you think about Big Data?
- Many larger organizations are now moving to “Cloud First” as their enterprise IT and application strategy. How does cloud change the game?
Definitely some great questions – how did I do? Want to take a stab at answering them? What’s your POV?
- A Sixth Thing CIOs Should Know About Big Data (cloudcomputing.sys-con.com)
- How C-Level Execs are Tapping into Big Data Analytics (blogs.sap.com)