CIO Insight published a great slideshow overview today on application adoption trends over the next 12 months. I’d embed if if I could figure out out. Here’s a brief summary:
Top 5 apps to be integrated:
- Business intelligence/analytics (39%)
- Productivity/collaboration (36%)
- Sales (34%)
- Financial (28%)
- Social Media (27%)
- Facebook (32%)
- Twitter (20%)
- LinkedIn (20%)
- Insufficient integration (45%)
- Data-quality maintenance (40%)
- Network/system performance maintenance (35%)
- 57% of respondents anticipate that data volume will increase 25% during the next 12 to 18 months.
- 56% of respondents feel that easily connecting applications and data will allow staff more time to work on other business initiatives.
- 33% of respondents say they’ll implement at least four SaaS/cloud applications during the next two years.
- 42% of respondents plan to incorporate cloud solutions to address integration needs.
Be sure to check out the complete presentation here.
- Data is the key that ties it all together (zdnet.com)
- 1 in 10 CIOs want to be a ‘revolutionary’ (infoworld.com)
- Dreamforce 2011: Salesforce & the Social Enterprise Will Be Here All Week (Part 2) (zdnet.com)