Sandhill.com published a discussion I had recently with Jeff Kaplan, Founder and Managing Director of THINKstrategies. Not surprisingly, the discussion quickly turned to the importance of data integration to cloud success. I asked him why cloud data management is getting so much attention these days. His answer:
- “First, because Cloud solutions are creating a new strata of resources that are generating and utilizing important data that is being layered on top of that which is being produced by organizations’ legacy systems and software.
- Second, the data being generated by Cloud solutions can be accessed real-time and aggregated across multiple sources.
- Third, capitalizing on this data is an important part of maximizing the value of the Cloud. Therefore, creating effective Cloud data management capabilities is essential.”
- TDWI Q&A: Data Integration and Cloud Computing (cloudintegration.wordpress.com)
- Cloud Computing: Is Hybrid the New Black? (cloudintegration.wordpress.com)
- Informatica Cloud Summer 2011: Powering Hybrid IT (cloudintegration.wordpress.com)