I started this discussion on Quora: Were the Chatter Ads Good for Salesforce.com? If nothing else, people are talking about it on Monday morning. While I have to admit, I watched the Super Bowl with my family this year and my Dad, visiting from Toronto and not exactly a tech maven, asked me about two ads:
- “What’s Chatter?”
- “What’s Go Daddy?”
Admittedly, he’s also not a huge Black Eyed Peas fan, so the entire half-time fell a bit flat at my house. That said, the ads were short and fast and even the Republican vs. Democrat imagery of the second commercial was lost on someone with whom I just spent the weekend debating.
I’m now interested in two things:
- How the impact of the marketing spend will ultimately be measured: Will there be mass registrations on http://www.Chatter.com this week? Will consumers drag Chatter into the Enterprise? What will the Chatter pull-through be for Salesforce CRM and Force.com?
- How will Quora be used for intelligent dialog and not simply a forum for Salesforce haters?
Quora discussion. If you missed the ads, I’ve posted them below.
- Did Salesforce jump the Super Bowl shark? (zdnet.com)
- Salesforce.com Buys Ads Around Super Bowl Halftime – Digits – WSJ (blogs.forbes.com)
- Hey, Salesforce, Using Will.i.am In An Ad Doesn’t Automatically Make You Cool (techcrunch.com)
- Super Bowl ads rated by Hulu users (hollywoodnews.com)