At Dreamforce 2010, Informatica announced a new pay-per-use pricing model for the very popular Data Loader Service for salesforce.com customers. Over the weekend all Informatica Cloud customers were upgraded to the Winter ’10 release, which includes Informatica Cloud Express.
Informatica Cloud Express introduces usage-based billing starting at $99/month USD for the Data Loader Service.
- Pricing is based on the number of records (rows of data) that are processed (integrated/moved) each month.
- It is a month-to-month service. No annual subscriptions.
- Credit card billing only.
- Flexible scheduling and online customer support are included.
- Easy upgrade to more advanced editions of Informatica Cloud for broader and more complex requirements, such as lookups, task flows, and additional end points.
Speaking of Dreamforce, I had a chance to talk to the DreamSimplicity team about the Informatica Cloud Express announcement at the conference. Here’s the video.
- Informatica Embraces Pay as You Go (arnoldit.com)
- Informatica launches Cloud Express service (v3.co.uk)
- Informatica debuts pay-as-you-go data integration service (infoworld.com)