I had an interesting conversation recently with an IT executive who outlined the importance of “breadth” when it comes to choosing a data integration platform. As he explained his multiple use cases beyond traditional ETL and data warehousing, he stressed the need to avoid point solutions and instead look for a true platform that will grow with you as your requirements evolve and more and more computing inevitably moves to the cloud.
Here is what made his data integration “breadth” so good:
- Breadth of connectivity (said he could just about connect to smoke signals!)
- Breadth of projects (data synch, migration, replication, quality, etc.)
- Breadth of users (metadata-driven graphical UI for developers, non-technical interface for SaaS admins in the cloud, etc.)
Speaking of good data hygiene, are you ready for the big launch? As of Tuesday November 10th:
- Business and IT will finally be on the same page.
- Data quality issues will be a thing of the past.
- The promise of SOA will finally be realized.
Now that’s seriously good data integration breadth! Be sure to register here.