I participated in a Q&A session with TDWI recently and provide my thoughts on the following questions:
- What impact is cloud computing having on traditional IT roles and responsibilities?
- What are some of the barriers to adoption of cloud-based applications and platforms?
- What is the role of data integration as it relates to cloud computing?
- Can companies move incrementally to the cloud without making a full-on commitment?
- What about service-level agreements? How should they be enforced with cloud vendors?
- What sort of architecture should companies look for, especially for BI and data warehousing applications?
- What about performance concerns, especially with large data sets?
- How is Informatica addressing the cloud computing opportunity and challenge?
As there doesn’t appear to be a comment section on the site, I’d appreciate any feedback or comments you might have on the discussion.
- SaaS will dominate your cloud strategy (zdnet.com)
- BBC News on Cloud Computing: Going Beyond Buzzwords (cloudintegration.wordpress.com)
- The Amazon Outage is OK, OK? (Well kind of) (diversity.net.nz)