I enjoyed this post by JP Rangaswami on the Salesforce Cloudblog: You *can* take it with you: musing about cloud principles.
- Use Limitation
- Security Management System
- Customer Security Features
- Data Location
- Breach Notification
- Data Portability
The post originally appeared on his popular blog and has generated 46 comments so far. My favorite so far is this one:
“There should probably be 3 choices for location:
- My data must be kept here (e.g. Switzerland, for regulatory purposes).
- My data must not be kept there (e.g. US because I fear NSLs).
- I don’t care where my data is kept.”
- Salesforce.com Appoints Tech Heavyweight JP Rangaswami As Chief Scientist (techcrunchit.com)
- JP Rangaswami Joins Salesforce As Chief Scientist (cloudave.com)
- The Public Cloud Gets a New Evangelist as Salesforce.com Brings on JP Rangaswami (readwriteweb.com)